The industry average for trade show displays is about $100-$150 per square foot. Therefore, a 20×20 display would cost between $40,000-$60,000. That’s a lot of money! The costs are split between the trade show space, booth design, graphics, shipping, promotions, show services (i.e., electricity, drayage) and traveling expenses. Even though trade shows can deliver incredible ROI, the high price tag deters some businesses from exhibiting.
If you’re on a budget, you might be wondering if you can make your own trade show display. The short answer – yes. But, you’ll probably find that a better option is a custom trade show rental or modular exhibit. These trade show booths are affordable alternatives to custom displays, and they pull off a professional look that you may not get with a DIY trade show display.
Below are the considerations for building your own trade show booth and the reasons for considering a modular or rental exhibit.
Considerations for a DIY Exhibit
A great product doesn’t always mean great sales. Trade shows are highly competitive, and all of the exhibitors are trying to capture attention from attendees. Having a weak display will set you up for failure, which is why you need a strong design that attracts the right people.
The benefits of building your own display are:
- Less expensive and easier to control costs
- Technology is available to create graphics and banners
- Complete control over the construction phase
The drawbacks to creating your own booth are:
- May not look professional
- May not take advantage of the latest technology
- Takes time away from your business
- No access to expert advice from graphic designers, fabricators, etc.
Modular and Rental Displays: Affordable Alternatives
Once you weigh the pros and cons to building your own exhibit, you may find that the headache that goes into making your own booth isn’t worth it. You don’t want to spend time and money creating a display that won’t bring you visitors. Here is some more info on modular and rental displays and how they can save you money while achieving your marketing and sales goals.
- Modular trade show exhibits are made from separate, modular components that fit together to create a single exhibit. They are easy to transport and can be upsized and downsized based on your layout. Modular displays are available in different sizes, and because they’re reconfigurable, you can modify them for each show you attend.
- Custom exhibit rentals are rented on as-needed or short-term basis. You don’t have to worry about storing the display or purchasing it outright. But, you still have flexibility in designing an exhibit that is true to your brand. Clients love that they can experiment with different setups, technologies and more without having to commit. Keep what you love and get rid of the rest.
If you’d like to learn more about modular displays and custom trade show booth rentals, contact IGE today. We’ll be happy to go over your goals, your budget and the trade shows you’re looking to attend. We have solutions for all businesses and all budgets, so don’t hesitate to give us a call!