Exhibit rental pros and cons are many. Generally speaking, if you’re only going to use exhibit property once or twice, it’s better to rent the materials. On the other hand, if you plan on using the same configurations for all of your trade shows, buying the materials is the better option. On average, renting exhibit materials costs about one-third to one-half the cost of purchasing an exhibit, so how much the exhibit will be used is a huge factor.
In this post, we’ll explore the pros and cons of rental booths for trade shows so you can determine which is right for you.
Pros to Renting an Exhibit
- Greater flexibility. If your booth changes from show to show, renting is a great option. This way, you can rent smaller or larger booths depending on your needs.
- More options. You can try any style and design choice you want when you’re renting exhibit property. For example, experiment with a portable booth or hybrid exhibit.
- Ideal for startups. Because custom exhibits are an investment, not all startups and small companies have the funds for them. Renting a booth is a short-term, cost-effective solution.
- No disposal fees. When your exhibit nears the end of its life, you’ll have to incur those pesky disposal fees. With renting, these fees go out the window.
- Convenient. If you have tight schedules in between shows or are traveling out of the country, rental property is convenient. Plus, you can save on the costs of shipping, setting up and storage.
Cons to Renting an Exhibit
- Fewer options. When you build a custom exhibit, the possibilities are endless. Your display is being made specifically to your needs. Rentals will have fewer custom options.
- Wear and tear. It’s possible that some booths will show signs of use, as other people are using them. They may also be built from budget materials compared to the superior materials found in custom exhibits.
- Higher costs. Typically, renting exhibits is not a long term solution. You’ll end up paying more in the long run than if you were to build an exhibit.
- Less availability. Remember, you’re sharing inventory. To ensure that you get the availability you need, reserve the booth as far in advance as possible.
Is There a Winner?
As you can see, there are advantages and disadvantages to renting a trade show exhibit. It all depends on your immediate needs and overall trade show goals.
At IGE Group, we build custom exhibits, as well as offer exhibit rentals. We highly recommend our rentals if you’re not ready to invest in an exhibit or need greater flexibility. Based on the inventory we have, we’ll change color panels and add unique elements to fit your brand. When you’re ready to make the investment, our IGE designers will build you an innovative exhibit with all the bells and whistles.