Are you thinking about renting furniture for your trade show exhibit? You have two options. You can buy the furniture outright or rent it on an as-needed basis. Some clients prefer to have a few chairs and tables that they stack when not in use. Others prefer having a new look for every trade show. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to trade show furniture – it all comes down to what you like and what your budget allows.
Below are the pros and cons to renting trade show furniture like ottomans, conference tables and chairs. Use this information to make an informed choice for your own trade shows!
Renting Furniture for Your Exhibit
If you choose to create trade show seating with benches, loungers and ottomans, there are many trade show furniture rental companies that can help you out. To remain competitive, these companies tend to have a wide selection of high-quality furnishings at great prices. You can rent the items by the day or week. Here are some benefits of renting trade show booth furniture to consider:
- Trendy collections. Furniture rental companies maintain their reputation by providing quality items that follow the latest trends. Accomplish any trade show booth configuration you want using the latest materials, fabrics, textures and more!
- Ease of use. Most event furnishing companies have warehouses near the major cities. Rather than having to set up, take down and store the furniture, everything is handled for you.
- Storage. After the trade show, you simply leave the sofas, chairs and tables. The furniture company will pick them up at a designated time. Best of all, you don’t have to pay for storage or have chairs and tables taking up precious space at your office.
- Shipping. Shipping is included in your rental price. You don’t have to worry about accounting for these costs, or having to deal with late-arriving products. As long as you choose a reliable furniture rental company, everything will be delivered on time and for an all-inclusive price.
- Damage. When you own the furniture, it’s your job to keep it in good condition. Unfortunately, these items get tossed around, dented, scuffed, etc. Rather than having damaged furniture in your trade show booth, rental furniture is always shiny and new!
Considerations for Trade Show Booth Furniture Rentals
Even though renting furniture for your trade show exhibit is a great choice with many benefits, there are some things to consider. For instance, renting furniture is not cheap. You’ll have to determine if it’s worth it to rent furniture a handful of times a year. It’s often more cost-effective to own the goods and store them at your workplace.
Also, some people prefer to own their trade show exhibit furniture so that they know what they have. It’s frustrating when the wrong thing is delivered – or not delivered at all. Furthermore, many of these same people try to deal with as few vendors as possible so that they have more control over their trade show experience.
As you can see, there are pros and cons to renting furniture for your trade show display. You can even do a mix of both – buy the furniture you know you’ll need and rent the rest. With IGE’s help, we can build a custom trade show exhibit that is eye-catching, practical and accommodating to whatever furnishings you need.